SPIRULINA - THE MOST POWERFUL FOOD ON EARTH
Spirulina is a blue-green alga which is believed to be the first form of plant life on earth (nearly 3.5 billion years old). Since its rediscovery in the 1960's, Spirulina has been exhaustively and extensively tested by scientists around the world. And has proved to be the most powerful and well-balanced source of nutrition on the planet.
Upon testing it, NASA found it to be an excellent, compact space food for astronauts (1 kg. of Spirulina is equivalent to 1000 kgs. of assorted vegetables). International health organizations have hailed Spirulina as one of the "Greatest Superfoods on Earth". An ideal food supplement, Spirulina provides the body with all the essential nutrients required daily, leaving you fresh, active and energetic through out the day.
USFDA PREMIUM FINE GRADE SPIRULINA (SPRAY-DRIED POWDER)
|TOTAL CAROTENOIDS (Mcg/g)
|BETA CAROTENE (mcg/g)
|CRUDE PHYCOCYANIN (%)
|CHLOROPHYLL “A” (%)
|BULK DENSITY (g/cc)
||0.400 – 0.990
|TOTAL PHEOPHORBIDE (%)
|EXISTING PHEOPHORBIDE (%)
|LIGHT FILTH (/50g)
|STANDARD PLATE COUNT (/g)
|YEAST AND MOULD (/g)
|For more information and trade enquiries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUPER POWERS OF SPIRULINA
• 100 times more Vitamin A than carrots !
Spirulina is the world's richest natural source of Beta-Carotene (Pro Vitamin A), which helps to improve eye sight.
• 6 times more protein than eggs !
Spirulina has a very high natural protein content (up to 70%). This protein is a called complete since it has 18 of the 22 amino acids that the body needs and being organic in form, has very high digestibility ( up to 97% ). This ensures proper utilization & assimilation of the food a person eats.
• 50 times more Iron than Spinach !
Anemia or iron deficiency is one of the most common health problems of our country. Spirulina's rich content of natural Iron & folic acid helps not only to greatly improve hemoglobin levels in the blood, but being organic, is 60 times more absorbable than synthetic iron present in most of the haematinics.
• 7 times more Calcium than milk !
Spirulina is one of the World's richest known sources of natural Calcium which helps build strong bones
• 10 times more Potassium than vegetables ! Its Potassium content (up to 10 times more than common vegetables) helps prevent hypertension.
• One stop shop for 'Anti Oxidants' !
Unstable molecules called "Free Radicals" are generated in every human body as a result of normal metabolic processes. These can lead to ailments like cancer, arthritis, cataracts, strokes, heart attacks, diabetes and premature ageing. To combat these free radicals you need 'Anti-Oxidants' like Vitamins A,C & E, Zinc, Selenium, Super Oxide Dismutase. Spirulina is the world's richest and only natural source of all these 'Anti-Oxidants'.
• Fat deposits in blood vessels called cholesterol are the reason behind a majority of heart problems. Spirulina has Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), which dissolves these fat deposits, thus preventing heart problems.
• Spirulina is the only known vegetarian source of Vitamin B12 which helps fight stress and calm your nerves.
• Unique 'Biliproteins' & 'Carotenoids' in Spirulina strengthen the body's immune system against possible infections
Research & References
Research suggests when Spirulina is taken with anti-cancer drugs, antibiotics and pain killing drugs, toxic side effects to the kidney can be significantly reduced and shorter recovery times may be possible.
Extensive research studies have been carried out around the world. Some of the relevant findings listed here are based on scientific findings:
• A one year feeding program with 5000 pre-school children showing a symptom of Vitamin A deficiency, Bitot's spot, decreased from 80% to 10% after intake of 1 gm Spirulina a day for at least 150 days.
• Another study with 400 school children suggests Spirulina as an alternate to pure Vitamin A therapy.
• In a 1991 study in Belarus, 11 49 undernourished and radiation poisoned children were fed with Spirulina. Within 45 days, doctors found T-cell suppressors and beneficial hormones rising, and in 83% of the children radioactivity of the urine decreased.
• In 1989, the National Cancer Institute (NCA-USA) announced that chemicals called glycolipids or sulfolipids from blue-green algae were "remarkably active" against the AIDS virus. Recent Japanese research revealed a high level of sulfolipids in Spirulina, 1.12%
Food Safety Research
No adverse effects due to the usage of Spiurlina powder have been reported. The alga is consumed as a food and it appears absolutely safe for long-term usage, even during pregnancy and lactation. In studies carried out on rats in Japan, no negative effects were found for acute or chronic toxicity or reproduction. Likewise in a comprehensive animal study by the UNIDO in 1980. Rarely have there been any reports of allergies or sensitivities. Toxicology research through the 80s and 90s showed Spirulina has no pre and post natal toxicity in rats, no adverse effects on reproduction, including male and female fertility and duration of gestation, and no increase in number of abnormal offspring.